Monday, October 4, 2010

We are God's Powerful Instruments

We do not usually do "personal" blogs from a specific Sister, but this time it is. I have been given the task of teaching Religion Class to our local Catholic Middle School 7th and 8th Graders at Holy Cross Catholic Academy. It has been a challenge in some ways, as this is my first time to teach middle schooler's on a daily basis. However, it has awed me how God is using me in this assignment. Every day I clarify things for the students -- misconceptions they had about God, about how God works, or the Catholic Church. I get to talk to them about God's Love. They are learning things, such as, that God can bring good out of evil situations. They are learning that God is in control and that they can trust Him. (The text we're using integrates quite a bit of the Theology of the Body that I love so much too!) They've been learning a lot.

So have I. I'm learning that it is fun to watch the light bulb go on in their heads and hearts as they have the daily opportunity in school to get closer to God. They have become a highlight of my day and a joy to teach! Help me pray for them and all those we minister to in our apostolates! God bless you all!

No comments: