Many, many things happening at Sancta Maria Convent! So many things that this will be a conglomeration blog.
1) Renewal of Vows -- Sr. Mary Magdalene and Sr. Mary Grace will be renewing their vows this Sunday on the Solemnity of Corpus Christi! We are very happy for them again making this next step.
2) Politics -- there are so many things happening in our country right now that is something to be concerned about. Debates in the courts about the definition of marriage, the HHS mandate, and much more. As history tells us, the time of the Christians before Constantine's religious freedom, Christianity was very vibrant. To be a "Christian" meant that you were literally willing to die for your faith. You daily risked your life to be one. Apparently, once the tide turned and it was no longer illegal to be a Christian, many people became lukewarm and did not really practice their faith. So, maybe today's persecutions are not so bad after all? It is certainly a time to stand up and be counted. May God walk with us through this present trial in our country. May He be glorified even in the midst of these interesting times that we live. May we be instruments of love and peace and truth.
3) Movies -- speaking of persecution, have you seen "For Greater Glory"? It is about the persecution of the Catholic Church in Mexico during the 1920's. There is a lot of violence in the movie, but it certainly is inspiring to see how courageous people helped change the horrendous situation. In times of persecution and difficulties is precisely when God raises up great saints. May we be the saints that God is calling us to be in our lives! Vivo Christo Rey!
4) Summer "Vacation" -- This is one of our FAVORITE times of the year! All the Sisters are home from the schools. We just feel more complete when everyone is here. We have our Annual Retreat, and this year's retreat is by one of the Fathers of Mercy on the Eucharist. Some Sisters are going on their home visits to see family and friends, and we're also involved in a summer camp, retreats, and a Catholic "vacation bible school".
5) Entrance Date coming up -- we're very excited and looking forward to new candidates. We'll keep you posted!
Pray for us as we pray for you! May God continue to bless you abundantly!
The School Sisters of St. Francis